Saturday, September 13, 2008

Could an Asian be responsible for African SCAMS!

I suspect Kevin Kapola and Dr. Grant is the same Asian.

The following letter was received via community email:

From: "Dr. Grant John"
Reply-To:
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Hope to hear from you soon
Date: Mon 08/25/08 05:32 PM

Dear Friend,
How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope
this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity
to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfers of your
winning check to you to you as a winner. Due to one reason or the other
best known to you. But I want to inform you that I have successfully
cleared the check to someone else account who was capable of assisting
me in this great venture.
Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust worthiness you showed
at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my
gratitude to you with the sum of $500,000.00 Five Hundred Thousand
United State Of America Dollars I have authorized Mr. Kelvin Kapola
where I deposited my money to issue you international certified bank
draft cashable at your bank. My dear friend I will like you to contact
the Mr. Kelvin Kapola for the collection of this international certified
bank draft.
The name and contact address of the Mr. Kelvin Kapola is as follows.
Mr. Kelvin Kapola
TELEPHONE: +2348036293926
Email: kelvin_kapola@hotmail.co.uk
Contact Mr. Kelvin Kapola At the moment, I'm very busy here because of
the investment projects which I and my new partner are having at hand In
London. Finally remember that I have forwarded instruction to the Mr.
Kelvin Kapola on your behalf to send the bank draft check of five
hundred thousand United State of America Dollars to you as soon as you
contact him without delay. Please I will like you to accept this token
with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart.
Thanks and God bless you and your family.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Yours Faithfully,
DR JOHN GRANT.

I am leaving the email contact active in this blog for if the email use has also been a fraud, the account holder can request deactivation by leaving a comment.
___________________________________
Out of curiosity, I contacted Kevin Kapola via the email in the above contact and received the following:

From: kELVIN KAPOLA (kelvin_kapola@hotmail.co.uk)
Sent: Sun 9/07/08 3:26 PM
To: JazLive

Dear Friend,
I was directed by my boss to send you the certified bank Check as compensation .Be inform that the check will be sent from WEST AFRICA but through my boss account with Barclays bank London. So the check will bear City Bank Ltd. This is a real check so be rest assured that the money will be cleared in your account immediately it is deposited in your account. You are required to reconfirm your full name, address where the certified bank Check will be sent. Your telephone number is also needed for easy communication. As soon as the information is received I will send to you the break down details for the courier charges and a cashier check through FedEx courier service and the tracking number will be sent to you to enable you track it down before it arrival in your country. This is also to inform you that the FedEx charge and also the Insurance fee will cost you $350 (Three hundred and fifty dollars) in order for the courier company to dispatch your check to your home address, kindly contact me if you know that you are ready to proceed on with the legit transaction.

Fill this form and return it back to me to enable me dispatch your check at once.
(1) Your full name------------
(2) Your address---------------
(3) Your telephone number------------
(4) Your Age / Sex -------------------

Send the above information immediately.

Awaiting your urgent response.

Sincerely,
Kelvin Kapola
+2348036293926

N: B There is no cash on delivery or deducting the needed fee from the check because it’s against the Law of Nigeria in section 1999 under the Economic Financial crime commission in the Federal Republic of Nigeria constitution. The FedEx courier company is a registered company under the Federal Government of Nigeria and they are licensed to deliver any parcel to anywhere in the World.
___________________________________
Both the Dr. and his associate uses the same phone number, so I decided to do a couple of on-line searches and a hit return for Kevin Kapola has a url with Asia in the link via SearchBigDaddy; using keywords: scam kevin kapola

Removing scam and using just "kevin kapola" in SearchBigDaddy as the keywords returned hits with the first url in an Asian language.

No comments:

8 hour (New York) ZAR price per ounce ~ South African Rand

8 hour (New York) YEN price per ounce.

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]

8 hour (New York) Euro price per ounce.

8 hour (New York) $AUD Dollar price per ounce.

8 hour (New York) Canadian Dollar price per ounce.

8 hour (New York) $US Dollar price per ounce.